- Sept 2017, University of Westminster: Lecture on current state of UK Investigative Journalism for visiting Chinese Journalists and Editors.
- Friday 9 June 2017 “British Intelligence and Journalists”, Study Group on Intelligence at the Royal United Services Institute (RUSI), Whitehall, London
- Tuesday 22nd November 2016 Sussex Surveillance Group Event. Dr Lina Dencik discusses results of Cardiff’s Digital Citizenship and Surveillance Society project. University of Sussex Humanities Lab. 17.00 PL in Chair
- Friday 18th Nov 2016. “Corbyn by the BBC” Dr Roberta Piazza and PL. Part of the one day colloquium: ‘Discourse: Interdisciplinary Perspectives on Identity’. University of Sussex.
- Oct 2016, University of Westminster: Lecture on current state of UK Investigative Journalism for visiting Chinese Journalists and Editors.
- Tuesday 2 March 2016. University of Sussex Humanities Lab. Originator, chair and organiser of (with Alban Webb) “Snooper’s Charter: Mass Surveillance, GCHQ and You”, with Duncan Campbell and William Binney. PL in Chair
- Nov 2015, University of Westminster: Lecture on current state of UK Investigative Journalism for visiting Chinese Journalists and Editors.
- July 2015, Brunel University: Seminar on Media Agenda setting on intelligence at DATA – PSST! Debating and Assessing Transparency Arrangements – Privacy, Security, Surveillance, Trust seminar.
- Nov 2014, University of Westminster: Lecture on current state of UK Investigative Journalism for visiting Chinese Journalists and Editors.
- Oct 2014, Brunel University Council Chamber: Speaking alongside Anthony Barnett as part of the The State We Are In, Now series of seminars reviewing the 20 years since Will Hutton’s ground breaking book was published.
- May 2014, Oxford University: Talk on Intelligence and Media relations at the Reuters Institute.
June 2017 panel member on “Making the Press Honest?” at Byline Festival, Poppington Hall, West Sussex.
Nov 2008: Frontline Club Panel on ‘Predicting the Crash’, Paul Lashmar, Gillian Tett, Paul Mason, Ann Pettifor http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/843590
Nov 2009: Chaired Frontline Club Panel on ‘Narco Wars: Can the War be Won’ http://www.viddler.com/explore/frontlineclub/videos/314/
9-11 Dec 2010, Brunel University: One of the organising team for the Moral Panics Conference.
July 2011, City University: Organised and chaired a panel at the Centre for Investigative Journalism’s Summer School on the subject of “NGOs and investigative journalism”. This featured three major investigators from NGOs and was attended by an audience of some 50 plus conference attendees. The session is available as an audio recording online.
- Lashmar.P. From silence to primary definer: the rise of the intelligence lobby in the public sphere. at the ‘Understanding Conflict’ conference at the University of Bath, 8-11 June 2015.
- Lashmar, P. Putting Lives in Danger? Tinker, Tailor, Journalist, Spy: the Use of Journalistic Cover by MI6. at the International Studies Association annual conference in News Orleans 18- 21 February 2015.
- Lashmar, P. Reflections in ‘a wilderness of mirrors’: Creating a framework for ethical relationships between intelligence agencies and the news media at the International Studies Association annual conference in Toronto, Canada 26-29th March 2014.
- Lashmar, P. The ‘Five Eyes’ are watching you: A new paradigm in the relationship between journalists and sources in age of meta-data. MeCCSA Annual Conference 2014, Bournemouth University 8th – 10th January 2014
- Lashmar, P. and Niblock, S. Who wants to be a journalist? Socio-economic imbalance in newsrooms and young people’s career aspirations at Future of Journalism Conference, Cardiff University, 08 Sep 2011 – 10 Sep 2011
- Lashmar, P. Investigative journalism: a case for intensive care?
Journalism in Crisis Conference, University of Westminster, 19 May 2009 – 20 May 2009.
- Lashmar, P. Subprime – the death of financial reporting or a failure of investigative journalism? at ‘End of Journalism?’ at Technology, Education and Ethics Conference, University of Bedfordshire, 17 Oct 2008 – 18 Oct 2008.
- Lashmar, P. POWs, Soviet Intelligence and the MIA question, at The Korean War: An Assessment of the Historical Record conference. Georgetown University, Washington DC. 24 and 25 July 1995
Co-authored Conference Papers
- Al-Subhi, N., Bell D, & Lashmar, P. (2016) User Experience of Heritage Journeys: Designing Taxonomy for Quality Measurement. Human-Computer Interaction. Theory, Design, Development and Practice 18th International Conference, HCI International 2016, Toronto, ON, Canada, July 17-22, 2016. Proceedings, Part I Volume 9731 of the series Lecture Notes in Computer Science pp 247-256 Springer.
- Al-Subhi, N., Bell, D. and Lashmar, P. (2015) Location based modelling for Heritage Mobile Applications. UKAIS Conference, Oxford University 16-18 March 2015. Delivered by Nada al-Subhi.